Revival Time Ministries

Forums

Forum Home > Got Faith? > Faith: What It Is & How It Works! - Part II

revivaltime
Site Owner

This is the second and final in the series:-  Faith: What It Is & How It Works!

If you haven't yet read part one in the series I would encourage you to do so, to set a foundation.

The purpose of this Series is not only to edify you but also to empower you to "Observe, To Do All.... So that you will have good success....."  [Josha 1: 8]

Please feel free to use the various Study Tools on this page during your  "study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth" [2 Tim. 2: 15]

====== ===== ===== ====== ====== ====== ====== ===== =====

6) Faith is ... the title deed

A man comes to you with a great buy, five acres for $500 dollars. You haven't seen the land it is in another State, but you don't need to, you want it. So the man gives you the title deed. It is yours and you will see it later. Now faith is the title deed of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not see ...

That title deed is backed by the word of GOD! The Bible says God cannot lie [Hebrews 6:18] So if He says I have it, I have it! If He says I will receive it, I will receive it!

7) Two kinds of faith ... God's kind and man's kind

The man's kind of faith says, "I'll believe it when I see it ... I'll believe it when I feel it." The God kind of faith says, "I believe it, therefore I WILL see it." The God kind of faith believes first of all,and then confesses with the mouth what it believes.

In Mark 11, Jesus went to a fig tree to get some fruit, but the tree was bear. So He spoke to the tree. [Mark 11:14] And Jesus said unto it, no man eat fruit of thee hereafter forever. And His disciples heard it. Jesus was born and raised in this part of the country, He knew when fig trees had figs. He was trying to teach his disciples a lesson. For [Mark 11:14] says, and His disciples heard it. The next day as they passed by Peter looked at the tree and it had withered away. So they asked Jesus about it.

[Mark 11:22-24] "And Jesus said unto them. Have faith in God (or the God kind of faith)" For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.

Concerning the fig tree. His disciples heard Him. Jesus was not afraid to commit Himself. He spoke out loud.He confessed with His mouth what He believed in His heart. He believed when He spoke that the tree would obey Him. It would dry up.And He dared to speak it ... Do you have that kind of faith in the word of God? Do you believe when you tell a fever to go that it is going to leave? Do you believe when you say that my needs are met in Jesus Christ, that they are met? The God kind of faith does. It believes int he heart and confesses with the mouth. It shows that you are committed to the word of God. And that you will ACT on His word.

The God kind of faith believes it, and says it, without seeing anything ...That tree didn't dry up for 24 hours. It wasn't until the next day that Peter noticed that the tree had dried up. Jesus spoke that word. It was the word of faith. It was the God kind of faith.

8) We are God's children

We are God's children so we should have the same kind of faith. The Bible says if you are born again you are a son of God. Therefore we ought to exercise the same kind of  faith our Father does. All through the Bible it states:

And God said ... and when He spoke something happened. He said "let there be light" ... and what happened? There was! Notice nothing came into being until God said it. The God kind of faith works by believing with the heart and confessing with the mouth.

9) How do we know we have that kind of faith?

Would you like to have the God kind of faith, the kind of faith that Jesus had? If you are a believer, if you have been born again, You already have the God kind of faith. "Yes but I don't feel likeI have it." It has nothing to do with how you feel. It's so because God said it is so, not because you feel like it.

[Romans 12:3] ... according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

God dealt it to us. We must clarify that Paul didn't mean everyman in the world. As he was talking to the church in Rome He meant only thebelievers in Christ.

[Ephesians 2:8-9] For by grace are you savedt hrough faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. 9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You can not work to get this... it is by His grace.

How did you get faith to begin with and if you want more how do you get it? [Romans 10:17] So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. That's how it comes and the only way you'll get it. A friend of mine says if you don't go to church and never hear the word, then you had better start reading the Bible outloud.

Do you know why many people do not haved ivine healing, the baptism of the Holy Spirit or speaking in other tongues? It is becauset hey don't go to church or where they go they do not preach on these subjects. So they have no faith built up for it. You only have faith for what you have heard. A lot of Christians are saved, thank God, because that is all they have heard about. That is wonderful that will get us to Heaven. But it is not going to do us a lot of good down here. However God wants us to have LIFE and HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY.

10) The God kind of faith in your heart and in your mouth

[Matthew 12:34] out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So get the word into your heart, keep pounding it into your brain until it gets down into your heart. [When the Bible speaks of your heart it means your spirit.]

[Mark 11:23] Jesus said ... "whoever shall SAY unto this mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he SAYS shall come to pass; he shall have whatever he SAYS.

So say it, speak it out. When you speak it out things will begin to happen on your behalf. Believing it in the heart, confessing it with your mouth and acting on what you believe. THAT'S THE COMBINATION THAT OPENS THE LOCK.That's what Jesus did He believed with His heart ... He said it with his mouth and His actions lined up with His confession because faith without works is dead being alone [James 2:17].

*** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT *** YOU MUST HAVE CORRESPONDING ACTIONS TO YOUR CONFESSIONS ***

11) Why doesn't God heal today?

When you were saved did Jesus have to die again for you? Of course not the work was done 2000 years ago. He died once for everyone. You took advantage of that gift when you accepted Christ. Now is He going to do something now to heal you? NO! He has done all the healing He is ever going to do. [I Peter 2:24] ... with His stripes you were healed [past tense] 

[Matthew 8:17] "Himself took our infirmities and bear our sicknesses" By His stripes you were healed ... He took our infirmities ... He doesn't have to do it again. He gave you this as a gift. All we need to do is accept it and we do that by faith.

Jesus said " if I believe it in my heart and confess it with my mouth I could have it."

Thank You Jesus.

12) Watch your confessions

Stop complaining, Stop saying how bad you feel! Start lining up with the Word of God.

• I am a conqueror! [Romans 8:37]
  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! [Philippians 4:13]

I don't have to bow down to the Devil again ...

I'm a child of the King ...

I'll live like a King...

I'll look like a King ...And I'll act like a King.

• Praise God, my needs are met ...
  • Praise God, I am healed ...
  • Praise God I have divine health ...
  • Praise God I will rule as a Kingin life ...

The God kind of faith believes in the heart that what it says with the mouth comes to pass, and then dares to say it and act accordingly!

Take Jesus at His word, He is waiting to give you all the promises of the Bible. He died for your eternal life, He was whipped and took your sicknesses to the cross. He wanted you to have these gifts

PLEASE take them, and live life as He planned for you. This is my prayer for you in Jesus precious name, Amen.

The Bible is God talking to us, so when we are working on a particular part it's like having a conversation with Him. Only through Jesus Christ can we have this closeness with God and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you Jesus!!!

It is our prayer that you have been edified and empowered - All Glory to God!!

-: RTM Team :-

October 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.